cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How could I check the deatails of my eos camera by the serial number?

tylrr
Apprentice

I have bought a 60d camera , now I want to check the details of that.  I have got the serial number,  where could I use it?

thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

If you are looking for product documentation & specs, downloads, etc. then that page is here:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_60d

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

hi,TCampbell.Thanks for your help,but I don't want the link,I just want the information of my own serial number. I  want' to know when was it made and all about of my own  camara. Not the model.

Thanks

"... information of my own serial number ..."

Although available for most Canon lenses, mostly "L" models, I don't think, or know, of any reliable info on camera bodies.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Like Ebiggs said, there is no reliable way to tell when the camera is made.  You asked this information so I assume that you didn't buy the camera new. I don't think the year it made is important. If you bought it used, you may want to to know the shutter count more and that is what most people care about when buying used camera (beside cosmetic of course). There is a website called eoscount.com where people have been reported that it can tell how many photo your camera has been taken. It only works in Windows OS with IE browers. If the camera is refurbished by Canon, they may reset the camera actuation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

On a Mac there's a utility called ShutterCount from the Mac "App" store (Mac... not the iOS App Store). I think it's $1.99, but it will report your shutter count.
Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements