Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I transfer pics from a canon 7d to an ipad 2

Joanmolamphy
Apprentice
How can I transfer pics from a canon 7 d to an ipad 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Apple has two attachments... there is an SD card reader (but not a CF card reader).  There is also a USB cable.  You'll need to use the camera's USB cable to attach to Apple's adapter (a short dongle that attaches to the iPad and provides a USB port and it's important to point out that the USB port adatper was designed specifically for cameras only (and I have used this... it does work.)

The iPad apps will not likely be able to open your RAW images directly (this would depend on the app of course).  This means you'll either need to shoot JPEG or shoot RAW+JPEG so that you can import the JPEGs.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

hsbn
Whiz

Not directly, you can not.
You can transfer images to Computer, then sync it with your IPad. Or you can buy a card reader for your Ipad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Is there a card reader for compact cards which can be attached to iPad

Apple has two attachments... there is an SD card reader (but not a CF card reader).  There is also a USB cable.  You'll need to use the camera's USB cable to attach to Apple's adapter (a short dongle that attaches to the iPad and provides a USB port and it's important to point out that the USB port adatper was designed specifically for cameras only (and I have used this... it does work.)

The iPad apps will not likely be able to open your RAW images directly (this would depend on the app of course).  This means you'll either need to shoot JPEG or shoot RAW+JPEG so that you can import the JPEGs.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You will need the Apple Camera Connection Kit.

It has an iPad connector on one side and a USB connector on the other. Use the USB cable that came iwth your camera.

The kit also comes with an iPad/SD card reader.

There are non-Apple connector kits that claim to read a CF card. There seem to be mixed reviews on those products.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements