cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best SD card for EOS T3i

angerbaj
Apprentice

I'm using a SanDisk SDHC  I  32GB class 10 card and I'm getting overrun errors while recording HD videos.  Any suggestion on card speed or size?

3 REPLIES 3

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Angerbaj,

From your description, it sounds like the card you have should be up to the task, but isn't writing video quickly enough.

I recommend that you format your memory card in the camera.  Please do not format your memory card until you've saved your  images and movies to your computer!

Since you've encountered error messages, I recommend using a low-level format.

If this fails to resolve the issue, I recommend choosing a different model/ brand memory card.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My SanDisk 16gb won't record either but my pny 4gb will

Markfinn
Contributor
I am also faced with the same issue, when I purchased my T3i I was so excited about the video captue capabilities that this first thing I did was go buy a fancy new class 10 32GB SDHC card. I ran into the buffer lock problem every time I tried to shoot video. I tried multiple cards, and while the Sony card from my camcorder seemed to work the best, it still fell short of my expectations. The low-level format did, however fix the problem on my Sony card, so I agree with Richard that you should try that first, and if that doesn't work try a new card. My off-brand class 10 32GB card won't record anything longer than 6 seconds on full-HD,even with the low-level format!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements