cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I fix the viewfinder on my Canon 6d?

odomke
Apprentice

The viewfinder on my canon 6d is not matching up to the picture's focus. I've tried adjusting the knob and it still isn't accurate to the picture. The only way I've been able to take descent photos is through Live View. Manual and Auto focus still works through Live View. I've also noticed that through the viewfinder, it seems to appear a round cutout that I do not remember before. Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2

Crista
Whiz

Hi odomke!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what model camera you own. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

ScottyP
Authority

I don't understand.

Is the "knob" you mention the little bitty diopter dial on the viewfinder that you use to dial in your eyesight correction?  If not, then try using the diopter.

What is the little round cutout?

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
Announcements