cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 1300D or Rebel T6

FotosniperSunny
Contributor

Should i buy a Canon EOS 1300D for 299$ brand New? From a Canon authorized dealer. This offer also includes two lenses

26 REPLIES 26

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Which Lenses?

And it sounds Too Good To Be True.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

FotosniperSunny wrote:

Should i buy a Canon EOS 1300D for 299$ brand New? From a Canon authorized dealer. This offer also includes two lenses

Who is the vendor?  I'm not aware of any authorized Canon dealer offering this package.  

I did see an ad for a similar deal on social media for the T5 [EOS 1200D] at the Canon Refurbished Store, not the T6.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

FotosniperSunny
Contributor
You know, the usual kit lenses that come with Canon's budget DSLRs

FotosniperSunny
Contributor
Well it's actually a Paytm offer, the offer is that if I buy a the EOS REBEL T6 and pay with Paytm I'll get a cash back. The price of the item is 349$, and I will get a 50$ cash back.

FotosniperSunny
Contributor
I'm from India, couldn't find answers on the Indian forum so I posted here. I am new to photography, so I thought maybe I'd get answers here.

@FotosniperSunny wrote:
I'm from India, couldn't find answers on the Indian forum so I posted here. I am new to photography, so I thought maybe I'd get answers here.

We're happy to advise you on technical and artistic matters, but anything we say about vendor reliability or possible fraud will be highly specific to our experiences in the USA. A given vendor, or a given offer, in India may or may not be legitimate; but we have no way of knowing for sure. Maybe someone in the forum happens to know in a specific case, but you can't count on it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@FotosniperSunny wrote:

If you have been quoting prices in US dollars, then it still sounds suspicious to me.  Those "cash back" offers are not really a rebate because they usually give you debit card, not cash.  Again, the prices you cited are too low to be legitimate.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

@FotosniperSunny wrote:

If you have been quoting prices in US dollars, then it still sounds suspicious to me.  Those "cash back" offers are not really a rebate because they usually give you debit card, not cash.  Again, the prices you cited are too low to be legitimate.

Canon gives those debit cards for their rebates. And while it's an annoyance, I've never had any problem using them up.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements