cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the exposure bracket setting with my eye to the viewfinder on an R5?

Bazsl
Rising Star

I would like to change the exposure bracket width on my R5 from one stop to two stops with my eye to the viewfinder. The only way I can find to do that is to use the menu. Is there any way to assign the exposure bracket to a dial or function? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

I've been messing with this for a while, looking through menus and experimenting, and I would love to be wrong but I don't think it's doable. The best I've been able to do is assign Exposure Compensation to a button and move the whole AEB spread at once while AEB is active. The AEB spread doesn't show in the EVF when you add/subtract exposure using a back button, but you can see that the whole thing moves at once when you either look at the info on the LCD or go back to Exep.Comp./AEB in the main menu.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

Thanks, Newton. That confirms what I have found so far.

Zachariah
Contributor

@HRBlock.com wrote:

I would like to change the exposure bracket width on my R5 from one stop to two stops with my eye to the viewfinder. The only way I can find to do that is to use the menu. Is there any way to assign the exposure bracket to a dial or function? Thanks.

Before we delve into the camera menu, let’s first go over all the exterior controls. The Canon EOS R5 has many menu options, but there are some things that you can only do via specific buttons and controls.

Announcements