cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with a Canon Rebel T6 Shooting local bands

KT1967
Apprentice

I shoot local bands and my pictures are coming out really dark even with the stage lighting I also am requesting suggestions for speed so that when band members are in motion the pictures don't blur I own a Canon T Rebel 6 ...Help Please 

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What lenses do you have? What settings do you use?

I have a macro 0.25/8ft ..settings read 1/80  F4.5  I'm ISO 3200 not sure what to expect the White balance at for light I need more light for sure.

No, what is the name of the lens, we need the focal length and the maximum aperture like:

EF 100mm F/2.8

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

In general, there are four things that can be done when in low-light situations:

• Add lighting.
  • Take a longer exposure
  • Use a faster lens (wider aperture)
  • Increase ISO

Though the first two in your case I believe would be not be an option (flash/lighting not allowed at the venue, and your subjects are moving).

So it would be a balance of the latter two.  If your lens has a maximum aperture of say f/3.5 or even f/4, that's going to be tricky and you'll need to increase ISO quite a bit, leading to noise.    You may find that you'll need to invest in a faster lens (at least f/2.8, but a 35mm f/1.4 say would really help).

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
Announcements