cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eos m50 mark ii

maurocyjon
Contributor

I bought an eos m50 mark ii and I'm using it with the tamron 16-300 that I used with tho old 70d succesfully.

in some pictures I receive green and violete lines, in my country recommend me to use only canon lens (?), I don't think that this is the problem. somebody can help me?

thank you

Mauro

9 REPLIES 9

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

First, it's hard to gauge the issue without some sample images along with their EXIF data to evaluate.  If you have similar images from the 70D to compare with, that might be helpful. You are assumedly using the Tamron lens on the M50 MkII via an adapter.  Is that a Canon adapter or a third party unit?  

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

maurocyjon
Contributor

IMG_0915.JPG

thank you, the adaptor is canon, the same picture with the 70d is perfect

That is chromatic aberration, a lens defect. The camera can correct this with Canon lenses.

thank you, the lens works perfectly with the 70d body

It could be due to the adapter, or the 70D might be able to correct it.

thanks

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I own an M3.  I quickly realized that most EF/EF-S mounts lenses are just too large tor the tiny M Series bodies.  The only Canon lenses I use with it are the Canon “pancake” lenses.  Larger lenses tend to draw too much power, and strain the mount adapter.

All Canon lenses work, but I cannot speak for third party lenes.  If you wish to continue using the Tamron lens, then I recommend a DSLR or the RP.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

maurocyjon
Contributor
Fri, Apr 8 at 3:06 PM

dear sirs, I didn't solve my problem, it seems that the tamron zoom "doesn't speak" with the adaptor/camera eos m50
I don't know why, but I think that Canon have to advice not to use the camera with non canon lenses.
I thanked all the people that write me and told me what can be the problem
Thanks again
Mauro
Announcements