cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me please: How to get a clean HDMI output from Canon EOS rebel T7i

JasonRoy
Apprentice

I have had a canon t7i for a while now, and I want to be able to use it as a webcam for when I am live streaming. I used the EOS Webcam utility and was not a fan of the seriously diminished quality it gives you. So I decided to purchase the Elgato Cam Link capture device.

I plugged it in via an HDMI cable, and it looks 10x better than the EOS webcam utility from Canon, but I can't seem to find a way to get the annoying white box off the screen. Is it possible to get a clean HDMI output from this camera? on Elgato's website it says the t7i is compatable as long as you turn it to manual focus, but I can't figure out how to do this. I have no interest in buying a new camera at the moment...

Thank you for any help you might be able to provide!

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@JasonRoy wrote:

I have had a canon t7i for a while now, and I want to be able to use it as a webcam for when I am live streaming. I used the EOS Webcam utility and was not a fan of the seriously diminished quality it gives you. So I decided to purchase the Elgato Cam Link capture device.

I plugged it in via an HDMI cable, and it looks 10x better than the EOS webcam utility from Canon, but I can't seem to find a way to get the annoying white box off the screen. Is it possible to get a clean HDMI output from this camera? on Elgato's website it says the t7i is compatable as long as you turn it to manual focus, but I can't figure out how to do this. I have no interest in buying a new camera at the moment...

Thank you for any help you might be able to provide!

What lens are you using?  Isn't there an AF/MF switch on the lens barrel?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Regarding clean HDMI output... Canon unfortunately moved their web page that use to list out all camera and camcorder models with such output and I cannot locate its replacement.

I would be very surprised though if a T7i would have clean HDMI out.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Hi, Ricky!  We've consolidated the information regarding a clean HDMI feed and the cameras the offer it with the EOS Webcam Utility information page.  Just click HERE and scroll to the bottom to learn more about the clean HDMI feed option for livestreaming and videoconferencing.

Hope this helps!

Thank you, Danny.   Yes, I now see the section that can be expanded regarding what models have clean HDMI.

To the OP, The T7i is not on that list.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
Announcements