cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having two mobile devices' connection info saved on EOS R6 Mark II

Jayhawkch
Apprentice

Hi all, just got a r6mii and I can’t figure out how to have both my phone and tablet information saved within the connect to smartphone option. I’m able to add each independently, but have to delete one device completely before adding the other.

I have my phone connected when out in the field, but like to review with my tablet at home. Seems like having an easier way to switch between the two connections would be beneficial. Anyone know how to do this?

10 REPLIES 10

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Jayhawkch,

I use the Canon Camera Connect app to connect my Samsung phone to my camera.

I use a different app called Camera Connect and Control to connect my tablet to my camera.

My Samsung tablet doesn't have a SIM card, but it does have Wifi, so on a hunch, when I set it up, I told the app to connect to a computer instead of connecting to a Smartphone. It worked like a charm, an now my camera shows two Wifi connections, one to the phone and one to the tablet.

Steve Thomas.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for this. Does the camera connect and control app have a cost? I tried it and it seemed to work, but only a three day trial.

This seems like a common enough situation that canon would have a solution within their software.

Jayhawks,

At the time I bought it, which has been a couple of years ago now, it was $9.99 to purchase. I think the price has gone up now.

The one nice thing is that the app sits on your Google account, so you can use it with multiple devices. You can use it on your smartphone and your tablet.

Steve Thomas

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

How do you create the connection?  Do you use Bluetooth to create the Wi-Fi connection?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I can create a connection with either device through Bluetooth via connect to smartphone option on the camera. I cannot switch between the two devices without deleting the connection on one completely.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

It should be possible to have connections for multiple devices saved to the camera.  Only one can be used at a time.  The camera itself works as the host.  I don't know how many placeholders are available, but a few should certainly be possible.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Shadowsports,

Any ideas on how this can actually be done?

@Jayhawkch wrote

Any ideas on how this can actually be done?

Please understand that I haven't done this with my R6 II, but according to the advanced users manual, page 823, the camera records up to 10 connections. As mentioned, I don't know how this works, but you may want to start there.

WiFi Reconnect-1.jpg

Please don't overlook that the manual is using FTP as an "Example Only". So, I assume it is for all connections 🙂

Newton

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Thanks Newton.  Your user guide reference was the premise of my reply.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements