cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS Receiver GP-E2 USB IFC-25AB cable

efceka
Contributor

Hello everyone!

I guess you are literally my last chance to help. I need to connect my GP-E2 receiver with 2000D DSLR. Unfortunately I bought that GPS receiver without cables and this short cable I'm looking for is not officialy sold as an accessory. Even the official Canon service refused to help me, as "The manufacturer does not provide for replacement of parts in accessory kits, we cannot bring such a cable." So, here is my question:

Does anyone have that cable for sale?

Best regards,

Adrian

ifc25ab_interface_cable_1591894959_227e246c_progressive.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

PROBLEM SOLVED

This cable is sold also as a Canon CG2-3379-000

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I am only repeating what i saw posted some time ago (no personal experience), but it was reported that a USB Mini -USB Micro B cable will work.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I don't have an USB Micro-B socket on GPS receiver nor DSLR, but maybe somehow it gonna fits. I'll try this solution today evening. Thanks for the tip!

The socket on the GPS-E2 is a "dual purpose" socket.

If you want to download a GPS lock to the computer you would use the standard mini-USB to USB-A cable that you would use to connect your camera to a computer.

But if you look closely at the canon cable you will see that the GPS side of the cable is shimmed with plastic and has a resulting smaller connection opening.

Also, if you google IFC-25AB you can find a listing on a Singapore website with one for sale. Not sure if it is a current listing.

Screenshot 2021-03-09 084133.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Unfortunately there is no chance to put a micro-USB plug in it, as the socket looks that way:158866103_1379264512418135_7234817894625203848_n.jpg

PROBLEM SOLVED

This cable is sold also as a Canon CG2-3379-000

John_
Authority

I found one at this site: (linked removed as per forum guidelines) 

Yes, I talked with this guy this morning and he said he would search the apartment to see if he still had it, but he made no promises. 

Hopefully, he will find it or one will pop up on ebay for you.

Announcements