cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free camera gear

acevedon1
Apprentice

Good evening,

I have a cousin that loves to photograph during his spare time. Currently, he uses his cellphone to take pictures but eventually he wants to become a professional photographer. He wants to acquire a Canon EOS camera, however he does not have the money/budget to purchase one.  I was wondering if somebody knows how he can acquire free camera gear via a foundation, contest, and/or scholarship? Your help will be very appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Everybody has priorities. And so people spend their available resources on stuff they deem most important. Although I suppose you could get a free camera from somewhere but not a likely way to procure one. Priorities, perhaps instead of upgrading that cellphone put that money in a savings account towards a camera purchase. Set aside some money each payday. Start searching the used camera sources like pawn shops, flea markets, garage sales, etc. can help make the cost more doable. Keep in mind though, buying used means being extra careful when checking out the camera. Some used sources like KEH offer a small warranty. Some or most don't.

I have seen used Rebel T3 or T3i go in the $100 to $200 price range with a lens.  That's in reach of almost everybody if they truly want a DSLR.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements