cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement of CANON E0S 2000D camera

akbarkhan
Apprentice

Dear

We have Canon EOS 2000D camera we need a similar and latest  models in EOS families camera 

please guide me to provide a valuable advice to procure a new camera which is similar to 2000d 

11 REPLIES 11

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

A much better more featured choice would be the Rebel T8i. I don't know for sure but I don't think there is a Rebel T8 so the T8i is the best choice.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Dear 

Thanks for replying, according to you T8i is  best replacement  solution for canon 2000d can  please confirm . because we have two thousands cameras need to replace with newer  one matching similar specs. please guide me to get concrete  product in EOS family series 

Since this is a commercial purchase, it would be a good idea to talk to a Canon sales representative.  However, while you are engaging with us, it is worth considering the following issues:

1. Are you keeping your current lenses that were used on the old bodies or do you wish to upgrade them to a more recent model too?
2. With the statement that you want 'cameras that match similar specs'.  What precisely do you you need the cameras to do? 
3. What has caused you to replace these units: e.g. simply age or wear or has something else changed?

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Dear Tornhard,

Appreciate your response

We are supporting government entity and their is requirement  to replace Canon EOS 2000 Series with a newer one since its obsolete we need a newer model with similar specs to  have similar compatibility with hardware and software .

yes I need to contact Canon representative  I need someone who can guide me  with  precise answer  for my technical procurement for similar model

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

OK, you want the Rebel T8i. It is your only choice if you want to stay with the same type camera as you have now.

If you are looking forward you should check out the most current model of mirrorless cameras like the R10. It uses a different lens system but your current lenses can be adapted for use on this new model line. If you call 1 (800) 652-2666 a nice person can get you in touch with the correct people. I am assuming you are not in the USA. That phone number is for Canon USA. There should be a similar source in your country. They will know.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

In principle, of course I agree with Ernie that the T8i is the way to go, but considering that quantity you want and the likely expense involved, I strongly recommend contacting a Canon sales rep to see what they can offer - that's a lot of cameras.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

amfoto1
Authority

The EOS 2000D is a current model, being sold in N. America as the Rebel T7 and in Japan as the Kiss X90. It is one of the most entry-level DSLRs that Canon offers... often sold in kit with one or two entry level lenses such as the EF-S 18-55mm IS II and EF 75-300mm III.

I would recommend making at least a one step upgrade to the EOS 250D (Rebel SL3 in N. America). This camera is a little more expensive, but has a lot of added features including a self-cleaning sensor, an articulated rear LCD Touch Screen, a much newer processor for better overall performance. It is one of the smallest and lightest DSLRs, and is usually sold in kit with one or two somewhat better lenses, typically the EF-S 18-55mm IS STM and EF-S 55-250mm IS STM. Both of these lenses are faster focusing than those sold with the 2000D. The 55-250mm is significantly better than the 75-300mm in many ways... better image quality, closer focusing, image stabilization.

The next step up is the EOS 850D (Rebel T8i in N. America), where among the biggest differences are a much more advanced autofocus system and faster frame rate. This camera is often sold in kit with the same one or two lenses as the 250D/SL3.

Finally, the EOS 90D (in all markets) is the current top of the line Canon APS-C format camera. It has a significantly higher resolution sensor and even faster frame rate. It also uses a larger battery and can be fitted with a BG-E14 battery grip that can hold a second battery, as well as providing a vertical grip and secondary controls. It also has a larger, brighter viewfinder (with a true pentaprism... the other models above all use a "penta-mirror" to save weight and cost). This model is often offered in kit with a more advanced EF-S 18-135mm IS USM lens. 

All the above cameras can use any and all lenses you might currently have for use on that 2000D. However, in some cases a newer lens might be advisable, too. There are also the new Caon R-series mirrorless cameras, which use a different lens mount but can be adapted to use the same lenses. Most notable are the more advanced R7 coming this week and the somewhat more affordable R10 coming next month. Going forward Canon will be gradually phasing out the above DSLRs cameras and growing the mirrorless system.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7DII (x2), 7D(x2) some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR & ZENFOLIO 

akbarkhan
Apprentice

Dear

I really appreciate for  your response  with detail technical analysis , we are based in MiddleEast , I need an precise email id of Canon support to discuss  and share my requirements to them. I've contacted them via their website I didn't get any feedback. our  requirement is simple we just need to replace canon 2000 with same cost  or little higher is fine but not too much. I need the precise model to match our requirements going further , appreciate your valuable inputs.

I have a suspicion that different regions have different offerings.  So, once I realized your location, I went to the Canon Middle East site to see what models are on offer. However, while there are models of various types listed, including the EOS 4000D (which is a later version of the 2000D), we have no idea of how many of any model are available.

If there were enough available, the 4000D would likely be the cheapest solutions as it is a direct relative to the 2000D you want to replace.  However, not knowing stock availability is a major factor, so I strongly recommend that you contact Canon SALES, not technical support - letting them know how many units you want - they can make sure that whatever unit  you get will be suitable for your needs.  Here is an email for them:
store@canon-me.com

cheers, TREVOR

Announcements