cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Picture Styles, the EXIF data does not match in camera values

samhoustonlucas
Contributor

On a Canon D5 Mark iV I am working with Picture Styles and there is a difference between the in camera value for Contrast and Saturation and the value in the EXIF information. For example, with the Standard Picture Style, the EXIF data says contrast and saturation are 0, but the in camera value is 4 and 4. Which value is correct? Is this a known bug with this camera?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

My bad...I was mis-reading the summary screen (just prior to the 'detail screen' in your image). I thought the 4/4 on the summary screen were contrast and saturation.  Instead, they are part of the Sharpness parameter set.

Thank you for your assistance....

Sam

View solution in original post

Oh, by the way...How did you get an image of the camera screen??????

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What are you using to view the numbers?

In DPP4, I click on the View menu and then on the Info menu item.

Canon EXIF Info not matching.jpg

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@samhoustonlucas wrote:

On a Canon D5 Mark iV I am working with Picture Styles and there is a difference between the in camera value for Contrast and Saturation and the value in the EXIF information. For example, with the Standard Picture Style, the EXIF data says contrast and saturation are 0, but the in camera value is 4 and 4. Which value is correct? Is this a known bug with this camera?

Are you certain that you are looking at the correct settings in the camera?

543CFB6D-ECEE-41F5-8952-3D23E4AD78C5.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

My bad...I was mis-reading the summary screen (just prior to the 'detail screen' in your image). I thought the 4/4 on the summary screen were contrast and saturation.  Instead, they are part of the Sharpness parameter set.

Thank you for your assistance....

Sam

Oh, by the way...How did you get an image of the camera screen??????

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
How? I used an iPad to photograph the camera.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements