cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exposure compensation stuck in lock. HELP!

Seanac
Contributor

Hello,

I was out taking photos a few days ago and was messing around with settings. I went into the custom functions (c.fn) menu I believe and changed the exposure level increments to 1/2 stop. I quickly changed it back because I did not want 1/2 stop, I wanted 1/3 stop.

Anyways, after I did that, when I try to change the exposure compensation on aperture priority mode (the mode I mainly use) it says “LOCK” and I have to manually press “q” and select the exposure compensation if I want to change it. I used to just be able to change it on the normal settings menu.

Sorry if this seemed confusing, but does anyone know a possible fix? It’s annoying to have to go and press Q each time and select it if I wanna change my exposure.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What camera body are you using?  It sounds like you have one of the midrange models, which have a [LOCK] button on the rear panel.  When enabled, you may see “LOCK” or an “L” in the viewfinder.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Go into your Menu pages and clear all camera custom functions and reset camera settings. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What camera body are you using?  It sounds like you have one of the midrange models, which have a [LOCK] button on the rear panel.  When enabled, you may see “LOCK” or an “L” in the viewfinder.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

77D, immediately after it happened I found the settings reset button and clicked it but it didn’t get rid of the lock

Update : just looked and the lock button is accidentally switched up. Fixed now. Thanks!

Announcements