cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eos Software

Weber007
Contributor

Hi, I'm new here so please forgive me if this has been covered before.

How can I transfer (download) my photos AND delete them from my SD card at the same time? I really want to MOVE not COPY. I really don't like the card filling up all the time.

I have a T6i and downloaded the newest version of the EOS software.

I used to use a different software (kodak) to transfer my photos where this was an option, is there a way to do this with the EOS software? Any help would be very much appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11

If you're using a PC you can download & install the free program Picasa & it will do what you're wanting but you still need a card reader. Picasa 3 12222016 81726 PM.jpg

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

@Weber007 wrote:

As I thought I explained, wuth the software I was used to using I could transfer, compare, confirm, then delete in a single step or instruction from me.

I am well aware of what can happen to an image, or any other digital code during any kind of transfer.

It was a simple question and while it seems to be the general concensis that it's not the best idea, I think your comments are a bit over the top.

Warning someone of the dangers is one thing, admonishing them for not doing it the way you do is just petty.

Thanks to all those that took the time to reply.

@RobertTheFat wrote:

If your pictures aren't worth even the most elementary cautions, you should probably look for another pastime.

You are, of course, free to ignore this advice. But please don't come whimpering to us after you've lost the contents of an "irreplaceable" photo shoot.

I'm sorry if I've offended you; that was not my intention. But I think what you want to do is not a good idea.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements