cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS T7 WiFi

DavidC1857
Apprentice

I've been through the manuals, web site FAQ's, and everything else I can find. But maybe I'm just missing it.

 

The camera supports Wi-Fi, but all I see are options to connect to another camera, a phone (couldn't get to work), a printer or a web service.

 

All I really want is to connect it to my WiFi and then run the EOS Utility on my laptop to download pictures.

 

Is this possible?

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend

Negative, I do not belieee. The T7 is capable of connecting to computer via the EOS Utility.  Its Wi-Fi functionality is intended to be an extension of a mobile device, like your phone.  

 

BTW, having Wi-Fi technology built-in does not mean that the camera is fully networkable.  The only reason it uses Wi-Fi is because it is.was a common feature of most mobile devices, which typically do not have USB ports.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."

That is disappointing.

 

I mean, the camera appears to be able to connect to my WiFi home network and upload pictures over the internet, to a Canon image hosting website. Or to my phone (I did get it to work via my home WiFi), and transfer images to my phone.

 

If it can do that, it should be able to connect to the EOS Utility. Somewhere along the line, Canon developers decided not to include that feature. Which, like I said, is disappointing.


@DavidC1857 wrote:

That is disappointing.

 

I mean, the camera appears to be able to connect to my WiFi home network and upload pictures over the internet, to a Canon image hosting website. Or to my phone (I did get it to work via my home WiFi), and transfer images to my phone.

 

If it can do that, it should be able to connect to the EOS Utility. Somewhere along the line, Canon developers decided not to include that feature. Which, like I said, is disappointing.


If could if the engineers had added that feature to the camera, but they did not.  The T7 is a bare bones, entry level DSLR.  Compare the Wi-Fi features of the T7 to cameras that are higher up the food chain.  I believe all of the Rebel cameras that have model numbers that end with the letter " i " are able to connect to a computer via Wi-Fi.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."


@Waddizzle wrote:

@DavidC1857 wrote:

That is disappointing.

 

I mean, the camera appears to be able to connect to my WiFi home network and upload pictures over the internet, to a Canon image hosting website. Or to my phone (I did get it to work via my home WiFi), and transfer images to my phone.

 

If it can do that, it should be able to connect to the EOS Utility. Somewhere along the line, Canon developers decided not to include that feature. Which, like I said, is disappointing.


If could if the engineers had added that feature to the camera, but they did not.  The T7 is a bare bones, entry level DSLR.  Compare the Wi-Fi features of the T7 to cameras that are higher up the food chain.  I believe all of the Rebel cameras that have model numbers that end with the letter " i " are able to connect to a computer via Wi-Fi.


That is correct, our T7i will connect directly to a PC via WiFi. And if I'm not mistaken, the "i" models have more MP's.

 

Newton

jrhoffman75
Legend

@DavidC1857 wrote:

I've been through the manuals, web site FAQ's, and everything else I can find. But maybe I'm just missing it.

 

The camera supports Wi-Fi, but all I see are options to connect to another camera, a phone (couldn't get to work), a printer or a web service.

 

All I really want is to connect it to my WiFi and then run the EOS Utility on my laptop to download pictures.

 

Is this possible?


From EOSU PDF manual:

 

Screenshot 2021-06-27 143905.jpg

 

"If could if the engineers had added that feature to the camera, but they did not.  The T7 is a bare bones, entry level DSLR.  Compare the Wi-Fi features of the T7 to cameras that are higher up the food chain.  I believe all of the Rebel cameras that have model numbers that end with the letter " i " are able to connect to a computer via Wi-Fi."

 

It appears to be marketing decision by Canon. T6s/760D are not bare-bones models. T6i is an "i" suffix model.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
Announcements