Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 & Insignia Remote

liludallas
Apprentice

Hello!

I have Canon EOS Rebel T7 and I bought this remote control:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/questions/insignia-wireless-remote-shutter-control-for-canon/6065112?se...

and now I'm wondering if the camera actually has bluetooth to connect to it?

I found WI-FI, was able to connect to WI-FI, but couldn't find how to turn bluetooth on....

If you know how to, could you please direct me to some info online?

I was able to connect through the wi-fi and through the app on my phone, so remote in general isn't an issue,
I'm just wondering if I should return the remote control I bought....

Thank you!

14 REPLIES 14

Maybe you can find out why it is lower-case i in T6i and uppercase S in T6S?

The lower case “i” was first used in 2002 when Canon released the EOS Ti film camera. 

It was next used in 2006 when Canon updated the EOS XT and called it the XTi. I always assumed the “i” meant  Improved or intelligent. 

After the XTi came the XSi and then continued on with the beginning of the Rebel “T” series cameras with the T1i  through to the T7i. 

The lower price, stripped down versions,  were the XS, T3, T6, T7. (without the i)

Mike Sowsun

Sounds logical with the " i " for improved or intelligent

Well according to what TC said the S model is the highest Rebel level, perhaps it is like the S in Superman? Looks like only the T6  had an S model in the Digital class. I could not find any other Rebel T series with an S. 

I assumed the S in T6S stands for “Studio” as used in the EOS 1Ds, 5Ds and 5DsR.

Canon EOS 5Ds Review 

According to Chuck Westfall: "As with sibling models sold by Canon in the past such as "1D/1DS", the "S" was added to indicate a high resolution type. It means Super or Superior.

Mike Sowsun
Announcements