cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 Viewfinder Distorted After Drop

calebthepilot
Contributor

So i dropped my canon t7. not good, but it only sustained a minor scratch. However, it’s not severely distorted when i look through the video finder. it’s NOT the lenses, because the pictures i take turn out fine. I’m 99% certain it’s the small clear plastic piece covering the viewfinder hole, and that it got knocked out of place. How do i fix this? please help ASAP!!!

4 REPLIES 4

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

Do you mean the view finder? The focusing screen could've been jostled out of place. Or there is a problem with the mirror or penta mirror. Some newer cameras use an LCD overlay in the viewfinder. Instead of a focusing screen so it might be a penta mirror problem.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

i think it’s the focusing screen. Whatever small piece you look through first.

The focusing screen is above the mirror. The lens would have to be removed to access it. But it sounds like your camera needs to be sent in for repair.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@cablethepilot.

It might very well be the focusing screen or something else as @Demetrius pointed out.  I would not attempt to fix it yourself.

Start with MyCanon.  Register the camera.  Then select support and repair.  Send the camera in for an estimate.

MyCanon

Let Canon tell you what's wrong.  

If the cost of shipping and repair exceeds $299

Then

shadowsports_0-1683339319737.png

Shop Canon Refurbished EOS Rebel T7 EF-S 18–55mm f/3.5–5.6 IS II Lens

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements