cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R7 & EOS R10 Product Manuals Too Thick

174Hoov
Apprentice

Downloaded manuals for the R7 and R10 mirrorless cameras come down in a 4 x 5 inch page format resulting in 900- plus page documents with very small print. Is there a way to convert these to a usable format resulting in fewer pages so I can print out a usable reference? Or does Canon offer an alternate version? 

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

The PDF manuals for the EOS R7 and EOS R10 are indeed set up to print as if they'd be included in the box (Canon's printed manuals are quite small).   The online versions should have been re-exported to have a page size of US-Letter.

Having said that, what computer are you using?  On my iMac Pro with macOS 13.x, when I go to print the PDF, it's defaulting to "Scale to Fit" (will magnify the pages by 185% so as to fill a US Letter page).

Check for similar scale-to-fit options in your printer's page setup or settings.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

By the time you print something of that magnitude it will cost  you a lot of money.  If you have a tablet, I would suggest storing your manuals on that and then you can use the search features of the PDF format and are very powerful.  If not, you might consider purchasing one of the 3rd party books on the subject that are often more comprehensive, and will likely be cheaper.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

You can easily enlarge them by using scale to fit or fit page options depending upon your PDF software and printer as pointed out by Ricky.

BUT you are still going to have a large number of pages because the index and page number hot links in these Canon manuals are set up for the original number of pages.  You can edit your print options to fit two pages on one printed page but then you are going to be back to tiny font size.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video
Announcements