cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 Video not downloading to computer

jvogel94
Contributor

Hello,

I had taken a video and I have been trying to upload it to my computer, but it keeps saying that the file is corrupted, or that it is not supported. What can I do to fix this? I need the video to be uploaded as it is for a friend. Any help is appreciated!! 

Thanks,

Jessica

16 REPLIES 16

Does the file play on your camera?

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

yes

Before it was deleted, I briefly saw your reply that you do not have "open with" in your right click menu, so I'm assuming you were able to copy it to your computer? Or are you trying to open it straight from the card/camera?

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

no, i deleted the first comment because i seen where the "open with" tab was at; i overlooked it the first time.

Since the MOV file will play on your camera, I don't think you have a card problem. It may not be the best one suited for video, but it seems to have recorded the video. We just need to figure out what you need on Win 10 to get them to play. As mentioned, MOV will play on all of my Win 10 systems (home and pro) once I transfer them from the camera to my computer. I use a built in SD card reader, but also have external readers with my USB C systems (much faster).

Are you copying/moving the files with file explorer or using some other app?

Newton

is there a way i can plug my camera into the computer and get the video that way?

IJ
Apprentice

Hi, so may I ask.. what SD card would you need in order to prevent this problem? I believe I may have taken videos on the wrong card as well.

Announcements