cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 Video not downloading to computer

jvogel94
Contributor

Hello,

I had taken a video and I have been trying to upload it to my computer, but it keeps saying that the file is corrupted, or that it is not supported. What can I do to fix this? I need the video to be uploaded as it is for a friend. Any help is appreciated!! 

Thanks,

Jessica

16 REPLIES 16

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

More details are needed:

• What camera or camcorder are you using?
  • What computer are you using (Mac, PC)?
  • What operating system (macOS, Windows)?
  • How are you attempting to transfer the video? SD card reader? Some other way?
--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

• i am using the eos rebel 17 camera.
  • i am using a Lenovo laptop.
  • operating system is windows 10.
  • i have attempted to use the SD card to transfer the video over. i have also tried to use the canon connect app to try & save the video to my phone, but that didn't work either.

Ah, the movie recording format that the Rebel T7 uses is "MOV".

Apple's QuickTime for Windows may work (see this Support Article).  Though that article came out for Windows 7, so not sure.   There may be other Windows software that would exist to work with ".MOV" files.

If you phone is an iPhone, unfortunately one cannot sync ".MOV" files from cameras as yours.  Very ironic since ".MOV" is Apple's own format.   My guess is that Android or other phones would not support this either.  So the only way to get the video to your phone would be to first get it imported to your computer, then export it to a format compatible with your phone (e.g. H.264 or MPEG-4 which typically has file extensions of .m4v, .mp4 respectively).

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

i tried the quicktime for windows, but unfortunately it didn't work. thank you for help!

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I have a T7 and it takes a certain card for videos. Speed Class 6 is stated; page five of the manual

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

okay, thank you.

so do you think that because it is the wrong sd card, that i won't be able to get the video off of this sd card at all?

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

@jvogel94 wrote:

Hello,

I had taken a video and I have been trying to upload it to my computer, but it keeps saying that the file is corrupted, or that it is not supported. What can I do to fix this? I need the video to be uploaded as it is for a friend. Any help is appreciated!! 

Thanks,

Jessica

Hello, Jessica.

Are you saying the file will not copy from your camera or SD card to your computer, or that it will not play once on your computer?

I'm assuming the latter because I have never had issues copying or moving MOV files from my various DSLR's to any of my Windows 10 computers or playing/editing them. Even DPP 4 will play them, and the one I just tested in DPP 4 was from a Rebel T4i from 2014.

I have my MOV files set to play in Windows Media Player, but  they will also play in VLC Media Player, Windows Movie and TV, and DPP 4.

If you can copy them to your system, try "right clicking" the MOV file and selecting "Open with", to see what options you have. You should at the very least have Windows Movie and TV. If this isn't set up to run or open a particular file type, you may get the error you described.

MOV Files-1.jpg

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

apparently i have the wrong sd card in my camera to do videos with. so i have come to the conclusion that i will not be able to get this video off of the sd card that i used..

thank you for your feedback though, i really do appreciate it!

Announcements