cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 Recommendations for Airshow Use

Canonbassist909
Enthusiast

hey everyone ! ill be heading to the airshow at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar in San Diego  and since ill be Using the canon rebel T7, with the 75-300 lens attached, 

id like to know some aperture, shutter etc, settings that I can use to try and get some solid images ! this Is really my first jump into photography and all.. 

cheers all ! 

Alexander 

42 REPLIES 42

Canon EF-S 55-250mm is the one I got him. What setting on this should he have it on for the airshow? Should it be in manual mode, etc. what about fireworks/drone shows? Thank you. I'd rather talk to real people and get feedback then look up so many videos lol. 

dkane1990_0-1714767745941.png

Do not use manual mode. At this stage he needs to use P.

ok, do you have suggestions for the above? he wants the best iso, etc. Thank you for all your help.

As Mike Johnston says on the online photographer, any camera can get good images in good light. At this point, don't sweat the ISO, leave it on auto and let the camera worry about it.

Again, the best advice is to get out and practice. Go shoot some airplanes in the back yard!

I suggest you start your own topic and post some of his practice images - especially the duds - and we can troubleshoot.

Thank you. That is a  good idea, I have to scroll through so many comments and I cant even delete my own comments. I will do that! Thank you

I agree with staying away from M (Manual mode) for the time being until you son climbs further up the learning curve for his camera.

I also agree that P mode or A+ mode is a good place to start for getting accustomed to using the camera. 

I'd like to suggest that to shoot airplanes and other moving objects, use Sports mode (page 70 of the manual) and follow the instructions in the manual.  He may want to practice on bicycle riders, cars, or other "moving objects" and see what happens.  

zakslm_0-1714772980396.png

I don't know if you have another lens like the 18-55 kit lens or such (like a 24mm, 50mm lens), but starting out with a 55-250 zoom to learn the camera may be a lot more challenging than with the kit lens or something smaller, lighter and more forgiving. 

I don't and dont have the money to get him one.  I got a refurbished no lens camera and no instruction manual. Thank you for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please do yourself and your son a favor and download the manual.  The information, direction and guidance contained in it is indispensable. 

https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/0/0300029810/01/eos-rebelt7-1500d-im-en.pdf

This needs to be restated and repeated.

Absolutely, NOT.  Do not buy a “bundled” camera package from anywhere, especially from the Amazon Marketplace.  Only purchase camera gear from a Canon Factory Authorized Dealer.  

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Second advice, do not buy that lens. It is totally manual and not anywhere close to what a boy with a T7 should  have.

Do not buy that lens.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements