cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 How to use iPhone as a viewer

Rfbucu
Apprentice

Wanted to find out if I connect my iPhone with all the necessary hdmi cables to my eos rebel t7 if it will automatically become the viewer. Or do I need to download an app to be able to do this?

Any help will be much appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Rfbucu,

Do you want your iPhone to be able to operate the camera, change settings and operate the shutter?

If so, you'll need something line the Canon Camera Connect app, but that doesn't use your hdmi port.

Steve Thomas

Hi Steve,

I have that app downloaded already. But don’t you need to be on Wifi? I’m looking to use the phone as both a viewer and as an operator. 

Rfbucu,

You wrote, "But don’t you need to be on Wifi?"

I think so. I know a couple of years ago, I was looking for a wired connection for my Android phone. I contacted Canon and they told me that the only wired connection they had was for connecting your camera to your computer using the EOS Utility program. That may have changed by now. Call Canon Support and ask.

After looking around, I found (and still continue to use) the Camera Connect and Control app, which you can get on the Google Play Store. This is a paid app and costs around $20.00 now. It used to be $9.99 when I got it. You can try it free for 3 days, and then you have to pay for it, if you want to keep it. It works in either wireless or wired mode.

If you just want to use it as a viewer, you put your camera in Live View, and your phone sees what your camera sees.

Steve Thomas

Announcements