cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 Green lines in LCD monitor

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Taking some photos for a magazine. However, and never had this before, the LCD shows a green lines about one fourth from the top and bottom. Lines don't show on the viewfinder. I experimented with jpg and RAW; the lines don't show on the photos when downloaded. Camera is Canon T7 with the 18-55mm lens. Lighting is Curly Q bulbs with soft cloth covers. Camera was checked for fluorescent setting  plus verified other settings to be compatible with the setup. Three cards were formatted before use, JIC. Thought I would start here. TIA.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

kvbarkley recommended to connect your camera's HDMI output to a monitor or TV to see if the green lines also show up there.  This will help determine where the issue may be.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

You cannot go from HDMI output to a USB input.   You need HDMI output from the camera to go into an HDMI input on the TV/display.

--
Ricky

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Probably a bad LCD or controller. See if it shows up on the monitor via the HDMI port.

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Not following you as to HDMI. I just took two photos: the one taken with the viewfinder didn't show the lines after the shutter was pressed and reviewed for a couple of seconds or the photo viewed with the playback button. But using the LCD (Q) on the back of the camera, the lines showed up after the shutter was pressed and showed up for the few seconds to review but not in the downloaded photo. Hope this clarifies the lines.

John

kvbarkley recommended to connect your camera's HDMI output to a monitor or TV to see if the green lines also show up there.  This will help determine where the issue may be.

--
Ricky

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I pulled up the directions in the manual. Hooked up the mini plug cable to the camera then the USB to the TV. Turned on the camera. Played with different settings on the TV- HDMI, AV, TV. Got nothing. Thought a minute; went to the menu and turned off the grid. No lines in the photo. Grid #1 and Grid #2 both had the lines when viewed with the display button. Again, I don't see the lines through the viewfinder but only on the LCD monitor. They only show up when I snap the photo and the photo stays for a couple of seconds and they show up with the DISP button. Bad LCD grid settings?

John

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You connect the HDMI to the TV, not the USB.

To make sure I get the right connector, I go from the HDMI port in the camera to the USB on the TV? Will take the camera to Staples to make sure. Thanks again.

John

You cannot go from HDMI output to a USB input.   You need HDMI output from the camera to go into an HDMI input on the TV/display.

--
Ricky

OK, will see what Staples has. Thanks two bunches.

John

And it is a mini HDMI connector, not the full size, so a standard HDMI to HDMI cable won't work.

Announcements