cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue while connecting to wifi/transfer to ftp Canon 5d iv

CarolJenkins
Apprentice

I'm currently working on a photography project where I need to transfer my photos from my camera to an FTP server. Previously, I was able to connect my camera to the FTP through my phone's shared network, but the slow service at the arena where I'll be shooting poses a challenge.

The arena provides a press wifi, which I was able to successfully connect to using my Canon R5 camera. However, when I tried using my 5D Mark IV, I encountered difficulty even locating the network. Despite the fact that the press wifi is strong enough for photo transfers as demonstrated by my R5, my 5D Mark IV repeatedly displays error messages and disconnects every 30 seconds when it does connect.

I've tried resetting both the camera and the network settings, but to no avail. Is there any solution to this issue? I'm open to any suggestions.

Carol 

1 REPLY 1

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings CarolJenkins,

It's an odd issue you're experiencing since your EOS R5 is able to connect to the network and then to the FTP server without issues. If the same network information and credentials were entered on to both cameras, then the EOS 5D Mark IV should be able to communicate with the FTP server.

I understand you have cleared the camera settings as well as the network settings. Just to ensure that all steps were followed with setting up the connection, please refer to page 75 and page 113 of the EOS 5D Mark IV Wi-Fi Function Instruction Manual:

https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/5/0300024975/01/eos5d-mk4-wff-im-en.pdf

Please also ensure that the camera is not enclosed in any sort of housing or cage that could disrupt its wireless signal. If you continue to experience issues then please contact our Technical Support Team for further assitance. They can be reached at 1-800-652-2666, Monday through Friday between 9:00 am to 9:00 pm ET and Saturday between 9:00 am to 7:00 pm ET.

Announcements