cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 Filter

claudiapmo
Contributor

Hello, I would like to know what kind of filter I can use for my camera EOS REBEL T7, I want my photos to look a little sharper and with more color.

10 REPLIES 10

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

A filter won't help with that. You need to either fix it with something like DPP or photoshop or change the picture style:

Untitled.jpg

Thank you for the information, these customizing image characteristics are in the camera?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What are your shooting conditions? Can you post a typical image you are unhappy with?

With the camera set to Standard Picture Style in Auto mode you should be getting sharp colorful images.

In limited conditions, where you might be getting reflections from water or off leaves, a polarizing filter might help. But these are very limited conditions.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you, but I don't like auto mode, when I use that mode the pictures come out very light, clear, the color of the skin comes out pale.

Can you post a file you took using Auto to a file share like Dropbox or One Drive so we can look at?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

This picture was taken with my camera in auto mode and the skin looks very pale.

088ADA19-11F5-4649-9838-A50271458087.jpeg

While I don't know the ladies in the image to know how accurate it is, personally I think it is a fine photo.

I see from the EXIF you used the Portrait Picture Style. The Portrait PS reduces the camera base sharpness setting to provide a smoother look to skin. It would be more suited for head shots where the subject's face is a large part of the image. For the setting you have you might try Standard as well as possibly fine tuning the Picture Style as kvbarkley showed. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

claudiapmo,

As others have suggested, you might try changing your Picture Style to Standard. You might also try changing your White Balance to Cloudy. I think you'll find it makes a difference.

Steve Thomas

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Filters do not improve image quality. There are many who argue that filters degrade image quality.  Filters can be used to make some type of desirable change to your shooting conditions. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements