cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T6i Computer rejecting CR2 pictures

shadow7378
Apprentice

A novice, I just purchased a used Canon T6i and my pictures are coming out C2. My computer is rejecting them. I am used to the T6 and not familiar with this type of photo. How can I change this? 

3 REPLIES 3

Peter
Authority
Authority

Download latest DPP4 and open them.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The T6i is capable of two file formats for photos, JPG and CR2.  The output file format can be changed in the camera menu system.

If you purchased a used camera, then it is strongly recommended that you reset the camera back to factory defaults.  Most dealers perform this reset for you.  Many private owners do not.

Set the top dial to “P”.  Go through each menu item that you can find and perform a RESET if that option is available.  You should find several places in the menus, including Custom Controls and Communications.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Shadow7378,

In addition to resetting your camera back to its factory defaults, as Waddizzle suggested, I'd strongly urge you to download a copy of the T6i user manual. In there, you will find instructions on how to select either RAW (your CR2 images) or JPG's as your Image Quality.

(This will probably be in your menu system by pressing your Menu button and choosing the first Tab - it will be in red and the sub-menu will be labeled Image Quality).

PS: Regular Image viewing/editing programs do not handle RAW files . You have to use specialized programs like DPP4, as Peter suggested.

Steve Thomas

Announcements