cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R7 Firmware Update

markhansen
Apprentice

Hi, I'm in New Zealand and just purchased the Canon R7. It's firmware is 1.2.0 and when going online to update it, the latest firmware is shown as 1.3.1 however the webpage for downloading firmware only has 4 downloads available and they all relate to windows software - there's no firmware download. Any idea why?! and how do i update this thing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Hello.

Based on your question I am assuming you are on a Mac computer.

You can download the Mac firmware file from the Canon USA site. They are all the same.

Screenshot 2023-11-24 203726.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Hello.

Based on your question I am assuming you are on a Mac computer.

You can download the Mac firmware file from the Canon USA site. They are all the same.

Screenshot 2023-11-24 203726.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks.  No I was on my windows laptop (though i do have a mac).  My point being there were no firmware updates period, Windows or mac.  Only Windows image software and nothing about firmware.  OK thanks I'll try the USA website! A friend also said don't bother with firmware updates...?

It is available on USA website for Windows.

Some firmware updates provide significant upgrades to the camera and some add features/correct issues that don't apply to you or that you don't care about. Individual decision.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Peter
Authority
Authority

No firmware updates from Canon Australia either. Canon Europe and U.S.A. have.

Some changes from your 1.2.0 are in 1.3.0 and 1.3.1:

1. Adds support for Speedlite EL-5.* *The automatic light intensity adjustment of the AF-assist beam is not supported.

2. Adds support for the RF-S55-210mm F5-7.1 IS STM.

3. Fixes minor issues.

1. Improves the stability of the touch operation control when the [Touch control] is set to [Sensitive].

Announcements