cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T3i Busy signal when trying to download

mhugill
Apprentice

I own a Canon T3i and it worked fine. I just moved to a new state/city and wished to download some pics. It tells me it can't it's busy. What is this? HELP!

1 REPLY 1

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:

I am not sure precisely what method you are currently using to download the images, but the simplest solution is to turn the camera off, remove the card, insert it into a computer's SD card reader (either built-in or with a USB connection) and download the images that way.  The process of doing so may well resolve the issue with the camera.  If you are using a Windows machine, remember to use the Eject command in File Manager to release the card before removing it, otherwise any file connections may cause the card to become corrupted and unusable.

Once done, and with the card in the camera, I would recommend formatting the card clean - never delete all files on a card, as that leaves fragmented files and will eventually cause serious grief.  If you cannot do so with the card, then I suggest using a different card in the camera and see if the camera operates as normal.  If so, the issue is with the card.  If the camera still has the issue, then come back to us and tell us the symptoms you then see in detail and we will try to trouble-shoot that for you.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements