cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon 6d mark ii display screen upside down

scottmurry
Apprentice

Hi all,

I have a Canon 6D mark ii display that recently is stuck upside down. Whether shooting in live, reviewing photos, or in menu—any format—the screen is upside down. I tried to replace the battery, turn it on/off, reviewed settings, and updated the firmware. No luck. I've searched online for forums about checking out the wiring and cannot find anything for this particular model. Anyone out there experience this or have some thoughts on troubleshooting?

Much appreciated,

Scott

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Remove the lens. Put camera into M mode and reset the camera to defaults.  Next reset the Custom menus.

If this doesn't fix it, it will require service.  Likely the accelerometer.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you, Rick. Sadly that didn't do it either, it seems service is needed at this point. It'll be tough to have the camera out of my hands for so long! I appreciate your help.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Put camera into M mode and reset the camera to defaults.  Next reset the Custom menus."

This is good advice. Whenever something happens and you don't know why or how, resetting to default is the best option.  If that doesn't fix it and put things back to normal, it most likely needs service.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thank you, EB. 

Announcements