cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T2i Not Recognized by macOS Ventura

zagged
Contributor

I am having this same issue, however, running Ventura on an M2. (T2i - yes, I should upgrade but it's out of the question financially).

When I connect my camera and power it up, the menu screen shows a "busy" banner for about 10-15 sec then goes blank. At that point if I tap the menu button, the menu opens but is frozen and I'm unable to navigate. 

On my computer, it's not recognized in any way. 

All I'm looking to do is be able to transfer my images off without having to pop my memory card out all the time. Would love to be able to use it for remote operation as well but at this point, seems like a long stretch. 

Is Canon supporting this product still? Based on how old this thread is and the lack of input from anyone, I'm assuming I'm beating a dead horse. But...with that said, if anyone has a fix and/or workaround, I'd love to hear from you!

12 REPLIES 12

Thanks for your reply. This is interesting actually - my thoughts (aside from my forgetfulness of leaving my card in the card reader and heading out on a road trip) - was that constantly popping this in/out was actually not great for the camera or the card. Figured by doing this pretty much every time I use my camera, I'd be wearing internal connections out or something like that. 

The freezing behaviour is only when connected to the camera, otherwise, it works as expected. 

Thanks again! Much appreciated!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@zagged,

Sounds like you have a plan and path forward.  Keep us posted.  🙂  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"... was that constantly popping this in/out was actually not great for the camera or the card. Figured by doing this pretty much every time I use my camera, I'd be wearing internal connections out or something like that."

This would be very near the bottom on the "Great List of Things" to worry about. It is also a good idea to remove the lens from time to time as it tends to keep the contacts working. This stuff is designed to be used. It is not designed to be left static.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements