cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T1i Won't Turn On

Kelli1
Apprentice

So I have a EOS Rebel T1i camera and for some reason it won't turn on now even when the battery is fully charged, I even purchased new batteries but it still won't turn on. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

2 REPLIES 2

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:

To be honest, it sounds like a power management component failure.  Given the age of the camera - the T1i was released in 2009, it will not be eligible for service, and even if someone was willing and had the components, it would be cost prohibitive.

My suggestion is to check out the Canon upgrade program, where you can get a percentage off a new unit by trading in the old one.  Alternatively, the second-hand market is awash with much newer DSLRs at good prices.  Lastly, you could check out the Canon Refurbished site:
 Canon Refurbished Cameras & Accessories | Canon U.S.A, Inc.

I hope this is of some assistance.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

normadel
Authority
Authority

Did you look down into the battery compartment to see if all the contacts are clean?

Other than that, there's an internal problem.... on-off switch went bad or deeper electronics failed. Either way, Tronhard is right, unfortunately.  I have a niceT1i with battery grip I got for free in my 50D-60D-7D-6D lineup and it is a nice little camera.

Announcements