cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R8 Language Settings

branchembah2021
Contributor

Hello Support team !

Currently, I have purchased one EOS R8 type camera.
I was very excited because it performed so well. I plan to purchase 10 cameras more in the future, but I have one question regarding these purchase.
If possible, can you set the language setting to English only?
This is because we do not feel the need to provide any language other than English on the camera.
If it is not possible, I would like to know if it is possible to delete only one language of interest among the currently provided languages.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon !

Best regards.

18 REPLIES 18

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The cameras firmware supports multiple languages.  Any language can be selected or changed by the user at will.

shadowsports_1-1681694407241.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

branchembah2021
Contributor

I mean for example, is it possible for you to disable the language - 한국어 ?

Best regards

branchembah2021
Contributor

I wanted to disable the language permanently at the development stage, so would like to take the camera not including this language -  한국어,

please let me know it is possible for the customer service team, thanks !

Canon cameras for Japanese market normally only have Chinese, English and Japanese languages. Never seen Korean.

Outside of specific versions for particular markets (e.g. US vs Asia vs Europe, etc.), Canon wouldn't create custom versions.

Why do you feel you need to disable languages? If a user of a camera wants to have an interface in a particular language, that's the user's choice.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

branchembah2021
Contributor

actually, it is including the Korean for supporting the language (attached the screen shot)

branchembah2021_0-1681727480862.png

Then you will have to find some R8 models that have been sold in Japan.

Sounds good, can you give me links for some R8 models please?

1.JPG

2.JPG

Skärmbild från 2023-04-17 14-31-13.png

[Commercial links removed per forum guidelines and replaced with screenshots to facilitate discussion.]

click here to view the gallery
Announcements