cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T8i Can't Register Camera Body

atek4you
Apprentice

Hello Canon Team,

I am trying to register my new camera; this came in a kit and both lenses registered just fine on the USA site. However, the Camera body won’t register.

MODEL: Canon EOS Rebel T8i

Serial Number: 34XXXXXXX00 [Masked Serial Number]

How can I get it registered, I live in the USA?

I have tried to register it on both the Canon USA and EU websites with no luck. What should I do?

I have not even turned it on yet and was concerned about warranty, firmware, and software compatibility.

Please help, I don’t know what to do and will this camera work with the software and firmware updates on the USA site? 

Please advise,

Bill Winegar

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hey there!

I'm working on trying to get this sorted out for you - The serial number you need to register is the number on the bottom of the camera by the tripod mount. It's usually in a silver box with black numbers. We don't want the number on the box. Can you DM that to me? And maybe a photo of the bottom & front of the camera? 

Thank you! 

Stephen

Hi, Bill!

I've removed the post with your personal info & the camera - thank you for sending it to me in a private message as well! I've replied and look forward to hearing from you soon! 😊

Hello Stephen<

I have received a reply to or my link to the email expired.

thank you 

Bill

It could have been to a removed post while I was working on trying to get your camera registered. Now that we've figured out that it's gray market, there's no need to worry about it! 

Announcements