cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R8 Language Settings

branchembah2021
Contributor

Hello Support team !

Currently, I have purchased one EOS R8 type camera.
I was very excited because it performed so well. I plan to purchase 10 cameras more in the future, but I have one question regarding these purchase.
If possible, can you set the language setting to English only?
This is because we do not feel the need to provide any language other than English on the camera.
If it is not possible, I would like to know if it is possible to delete only one language of interest among the currently provided languages.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon !

Best regards.

18 REPLIES 18

Thanks so much, let me check

Hello Peter

Sounds great! I am almost reaching out to the solution for now btw, The first link is not working, whenever click the second link, it is not possible to purchase to the cart on my end, Is there any method to purchase or any other links ?

Thank you 

What country are you in? e.g., if you're in the US and you purchase Canon equipment from countries in other regions, you'll most likely have issues with product registration.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

@branchembah2021 wrote:

Hello Peter

Sounds great! I am almost reaching out to the solution for now btw, The first link is not working, whenever click the second link, it is not possible to purchase to the cart on my end, Is there any method to purchase or any other links ?

Thank you 

With that I can't help you. I lived in Japan 2011-2012 so I bought my camera, a 6D at that time, in Japan. But now you know it is possible to get R8 with only English/Japanese menu.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@branchembah2021,

As stated, the camera's software is localized and includes several selectable languages.  Custom, limited or single language versions are not available.      

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

branchembah2021
Contributor

Hello Support Team 

1.JPG

2.JPG

I am trying to purchase the my wanted camera but have issues with product registration.

Would you mind to give me the US ecommerce links to purchase my wanted camera?

Best regards

[Commercial links removed per forum guidelines and replaced with screenshots to facilitate discussion.]

If you're trying to register products on the Canon USA site that were purchased for use in another market, you will not be able to. Only products purchased by Authorized Canon Dealers for use in the US market can be registered on our site. Any other cameras are considered Gray Market and will not be eligible for warranty service or support by our team here at Canon USA. Learn more HERE.

then should i buy my wanted camera on your site ?

this is my wanted to purchase 

I plan to purchase 10 cameras more in the future, but I have one question regarding these purchase.
If possible, can you set the language setting to English only?
This is because we do not feel the need to provide any language other than English on the camera.
If it is not possible, I would like to know if it is possible to delete only one language of interest among the currently provided languages.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon !

Cameras sold through Canon USA and its authorized dealers are designed for use throughout the Americas where a wide variety of languages are spoken due to the rich cultural diversity on these continents.  While cameras sold in markets where English is the most common language will come preset to English, we leave it up to the user to decide which language they want their camera to use.  While we're unable to delete languages from the camera, you're under no obligation to use any unwanted languages.  Just pick the one that you feel most comfortable with and you should be good to go!

Hope this helps!

click here to view the gallery
Announcements