cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R7 differences between UK model and US model

Debbi
Apprentice

I just purchased a Canon EOS R7 and realize it is a UK CA model.  Is there any difference between that model and an US model?

4 REPLIES 4

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

Yes if your in the U.S. the U.K. model will be considered Gray Market. Canon USA can reject repairs if the camera ever needs service. Also the components within the camera may be different and hard to attain. So it would be best to buy from a Canon Authorized Dealer in your country/ region. So return the current camera and buy from a Canon Authorized Dealer wherever you live.

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 5D Mark IV
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Retired Gear: EOS 40D, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM & EF 70-210mm F/4
Speedlites: 420EX, 470EX-AI, 550EX & 600EX II-RT

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Debbi,

Are you referring to the sticker on the bottom of your camera?  MIne says UK CA as well.  This doesn't mean the camera was intended for sale elsewhere.  Inside the box, you should have a warranty card.  What does that state?  

While you check, who did you buy the camera from and where are you located?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I bought it from The Pixel Hub located in NJ and I live in NY and yes it’s with the serial # it says UK CA

That is not a Canon Authorized Dealer. It is likely a Gray Market camera. 

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 5D Mark IV
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Retired Gear: EOS 40D, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM & EF 70-210mm F/4
Speedlites: 420EX, 470EX-AI, 550EX & 600EX II-RT

Announcements