cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R7 Transferring images to computer faulty

wdtaylor1066
Apprentice

Good day.

I have a nice new EOS r7 and a standard USB to Type c cable plugged into a Win 11 64bit computer.

When I transfer images with either win explorer or the EOS utility most images come across just fine.

But some only partially come across, most of the transferred image is gray or the colours are all over the place.  Several attempts at transferring these delinquents fail.  

Any ideas?

Tx Warren

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

wdtaylor1066
Apprentice

Tx all,

I formatted the card and found a proper usb c to usb c cable and today's batch of photos have performed well.
I hear you about the card; on the shopping list.

Thank you all

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Be sure you are using a Canon IFC-100U interface cable or a high speed USB-C cable from Amazon or similar supplier. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Great advice, John! I'm not a tech, but I've personally found there are many misleading sellers on Amazon when it comes to USB-C cables! You want a high-speed and high-quality cable. And as silly as it sounds, they're usually the chunky cables, not the thinner ones. The thin ones (in my experience) are OK for charging smaller capacity devices, but not for transferring data and high-powered devices like our cameras! 

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Assuming the R7 uses an SD card, make sure it is a full size one and not a micro with adapter. You might try to re-format in the camera to block out any bad sectors.

kv thank you.

Yes it is a micro in an adapter. In fact I could not find a full size one when buying but I will try again. I will reformat it and see.  Fingers crossed!

I don't know what it is, but micros in adapters are very unpredictable in Canon cameras.

Definitely recommend finding a full-size one.  The mechanical interface between the micro card and its adapter adds another layer of risk and complication to the chain of transmission.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

wdtaylor1066
Apprentice

Tx all,

I formatted the card and found a proper usb c to usb c cable and today's batch of photos have performed well.
I hear you about the card; on the shopping list.

Thank you all

Announcements