cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R7 Af not sticky

Cross
Contributor

Hello all, first this is not a body bashing post the R7 is a nice step up from my 90D, but I am finding  the AF jumps around a lot with subject detect on. An example I was shooting my grandsons baseball game yesterday, I would lock on to the batter using bbf and then subject detect would jump to someone behind the backstop causing several misses . My settings are case two locked on switch subject 0 . I got around it by shutting subject detect off and just shooting single point but of course I would prefer the subject detect to work as advertised. Am I missing something in the settings? Oh I do have focus areas restricted to spot, single point and single with 4 helpers.

1 REPLY 1

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

I don't have the R7, but I have the R5 and R6 and I use single point AF with subject tracking and BBF.  I find that having found the subject, the focus system stays locked fairly consistently.  You could try that, and I would also look at the focus tuning menu in the second set of menus and have a play with the scenarios.  There is a detailed explanation of this with Rudy Juliani at This Link that may help.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements