cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Unrequested Multiple Exposures

actionexposures
Contributor

I have two EOS R6 bodies that I use to shoot high school sports. I take in the upwards of 5000 photos a week between the two cameras. Three times in the past 6 months I have found a photo just like the one below. Some how the camera is either taking random multiple exposures or is not processing or storing the data properly and giving me the shot.

Because it is not a regular issue I ignored it the first couple of times but, now that this has happened three times I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts. I use EF Lenses with the adapter, ProGrade Digital Memory cards and my firmware is up to date on both cameras. I didn't think of it at the time so I cannot tell you if it is happening with one or both of the cameras.

I appreciate any thoughts someone had on this topic.

Thanks
Jim

Reduced-R62_8039.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

Hi actionexposures are you using Canon lenses or 3rd party lenses ie Sigma, Tamron etc. If you are using 3rd party lenses I would try Canon lenses to see if its a 3rd party lens compatibility problem.

-Demetrius

EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM, EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM (Retired 8/2007-11/8/2022), EF 50 F/1.8 STM & EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM

EOS 40D (Retired 8/2007-5/26/2022) & 5D Mark IV

430EX III-RT & 600EX II-RT

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Yes, nothing but, Canon L glass on my cameras. It has taken me years to collect all of my lenses but, I have finally got all Canon gear.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Looks like file corruption. Have you formatted the card in the camera?

I was possibly thinking lens correction problems with 3rd party lenses. Some 3rd party lenses don't work with Canon's lens correction software in the camera. But you made a good point. I was also thinking Micro-SD Cards in an adapter would cause this too. I forgot to mention it in my first post.

-Demetrius

EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM, EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM (Retired 8/2007-11/8/2022), EF 50 F/1.8 STM & EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

I typically pull the card to download the files. I am fairly good about reformatting my cards in camera roughly 80% of the time. I do forget now and then but, I try to reformat the cards after each shoot to keep them ready for the next day. I do think the corrupt file is the best thought on this issue. I am curious if it is camera or card related issue.

Are you shooting with both card slots. With the camera set to record to both card slots simultaneously. If so the corrupt images will be on both cards no only one. I would test with this configuration to ensure one of your SD cards are bad.

-Demetrius

-Demetrius

I mostly shoot on just the one card unless it is something like team photos or for the award posters then I shoot simultaneously to both cards. I have been introduced to ProGrade Digital memory cards and that is all I have used since then. My cards are all SDXC UHS-II V-90 cards so I am very confident in the cards. I cannot remember exactly but, I think a previous comment about not reformatting my card might have something to further look into. I do appreciate your willingness to help me troubleshoot this. Thank you

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Is "ProGrade" the actual brand? Anyone can call themselves "Pro Grade", I would stick with SanDisk or Lexar

ProGrade Digital is the brand name and they are very high quality memory cards. www.progradedigital.com

The company was formed by previous executives at Lexar who did not agree with the direction the new Chinese owners were taking the company. They felt the new owners were not focusing on quality so they left and created their own company so they could develop high end quality memory cards and readers.

I don't use Lexar any longer since I found ProGrade Digital. I do have a few SanDisk still around and I will use them as a back up or for things like my trail camera and my Micro SD devices.

Announcements