cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Not Showing Exp.Sim After Upgrade to Firmware 1.0.7

tozaca
Contributor

3 weeks ago I bought the canon eos r6 body, I use it together with the original canon lpe6nh battery, canon rf 28-70 f2 lens and sometimes together with canon bg-r10 battery grip; The first thing I did was update the software to the latest version available 1.0.7 to have access to clog3, I didn't have any problems in this process, the problem occurs when I'm taking photos, I can't see the changes live in the viewfinder or on the screen of exposure that I do, I have to take the photo and go to the gallery to see them, in the camera I always have the option of exposure simulation activated. occasionally this problem does not occur, but after 1 or 2 shots it reappears without changing any parameter in the menu, when I enter the gallery or the menu, and then I shoot again, it allows me to visualize live the exposure changes that I am making , but after that 1 or 2 shots, it goes crazy again and I have to repeat the process again, the strange thing is that when recording video, which is what I do 90% of the time, everything works perfectly, all the parameters that change allows me to view them live without any problem, but when I change to manual photo or any of its photo options, the problem reappears, I don't know if it's a problem with software, or a camera problem, don't use it before updating to 1.0.7 so I can't tell if it was working correctly or not before, what can I do?

8 REPLIES 8

tozaca
Contributor

I forgot to say, I already tried it with different batteries, different sd memories, resetting the factory settings of the camera in case I had moved something, but it continues with the same problem

Are you using a Canon speedlite this will DISABLE Exposure Simulation AUTOMATICALLY. The camera CAN NOT predict how the picture will come out. Since it doesn't know how the flash is positioned direct or bounce flash. Therefor Exposure Simulation is AUTOMATICALLY DISABLED and CAN NOT be used with flash photography.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM, EF 50 F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, 430EX III-RT, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D, Sigma 17-50mm F/2.8 EX DC OS HSM & EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Thank you very much for answering! I don't use flash, however I have realized that if I shoot using the touch shutter on the screen, the camera works perfectly, but if I do it through the shutter button, the problem I mentioned occurs

Do you think I should take it under warranty? Or could it be a software problem?

There is probably nothing physically wrong with the camera.   It is far more likely that there could be a camera setting somewhere that is responsible for the differences you are experiencing.

The only real difference between using the EVF compared to the rear screen is which screen is showing you the display.  Unlike a DSLR, both displays use the same focus hardware and camera settings.

I recommend resetting the camera back to factory defaults.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I just restored the factory parameters and it continues with the same problem, I have restored both the custom controls and the network and the camera in general. the automatic luminosity parameters are turned off, and the exposure simulation active, what I have investigated these would be the only parameters that could cause me the problem due to a bad configuration

Do you think it could be something from the software update?

Greetings tozaca,

Per review the above posts and the troubleshooting you have performed, it may be to where there is an issue with the camera after performing a firmware update. The next step is to recommend on sending the EOS R6 camera to our facility for service.

Items purchased directly from Canon USA or from an Authorized Canon Dealer do include a one-year warranty if the item was purchased less than a year ago. You may view a list of Authorized Canon Dealers by clicking on the following link. I would recommend including a copy of your Proof of Purchase when sending in your item for the facility to review for any in-warranty service or repair.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/contactus/where-to-buy/authorized-dealers

Canon U.S.A., Inc. has created a new online repair portal that allows you to set up service in a few simple steps. The repair portal gives you the ability to set up service for multiple pieces of equipment at once, and to receive a repair estimate in the majority of cases, depending on your model and issue. The portal also allows you to upload images or videos that will assist us in repairing your product. You can also select how you wish to be notified of the progress of your repair. The portal's service history section allows you to view all services that have been performed on any of your camera or video products since January 7, 2020.

Please follow the link below to access our online repair portal to arrange for service:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com/signin

Instructions for Accessing and Using the Online Repair Portal.

You will need to access or create your My Canon Account.

If you already have a My Canon Account and your product is already registered, simply click on the “Get Repair Services” link on the left menu and follow the onscreen instructions to arrange for service for your product.

If you have a My Canon Account and your product is not registered, you must register your product first. Click on the “Get Repair Services” link on the left menu, then click on the “Register Product” link on the right. After your product is registered, click on the “Get Repair Service” link on the left menu and follow the onscreen instructions to arrange for service for your product.

If you do not have a My Canon Account, you will need to create one. After you create your account, click on the “Add Product” link to register your first product. After your product is registered, click on the “Get Repair Service” link on the left menu and follow the onscreen instructions to arrange for service for your product.

Once you have completed the repair request, you will have an opportunity to print a copy of the request for your records. This request form will also contain shipping instructions and an address label that you will attach to the outside of your shipping box when mailing your equipment for repair.

Announcements