Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Mismatched Folder Dates

mbenton75
Apprentice

Hello!

I recently purchased an R6 and I have a question:

I have noticed that the camera is placing my images in 2 differently dated folders: 

For eg. I had a shoot today. Today's date is 2022-10-06.

When I went to download the images from my camera, the images were distributed in 2 folders:

2022-10-05 & 2022-10-06.

I guess it has been doing this since I got it. I just assumed I had mislabeled something - but I cannot see where to change the images to be added into the correctly dated folder. 

5 REPLIES 5

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi:

Have you downloaded the Advanced User Guide?  I recommend checking P706 of that.  You can download it using the QR code on the back cover of the small guide or use THIS LINK. 

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

It looks like the folders you are discussing are created by the software you use to download the images; the camera will not create folders labeled like that.

Are you using EOSU Utility to download images?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hmm,  I'm using Lightroom to import my images.  This has never happened before. I've had my 5D MKIV forever and never had this issue using the same process of importing... it's bizarre

Solved: Re: Lightroom folders show as dates and not folder... - Adobe Support Community - 9691530

Are you importing from your camera directly into Lightroom (which Lightroom - Lightroom cloud or Lightroom Classic) or are you downloading from camera to computer and then importing into Lightroom?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Importing directly from camera to Lightoom CC

Announcements