cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Mark II lit blank screen, won't turn "on" after update

dkcr2
Apprentice

Last night I had updated the firmware to 1.5.0 via the SD card method, waited for the process to finish, then closed out of the menus. When I pressed the shutter button, the EVF blacked out and the back screen turned black but stayed lit. I switched the camera off and nothing changed, the screen was still blank but illuminated. It was not until the battery was removed that the back screen stopped being illuminated and the camera truly turned off. Currently, the camera will not turn on unless the battery is inserted while the camera is switched on, and all that happens is the back screen illuminates. Have to remove battery all over again to turn it off. Has anyone else encountered this?

Tried both with/without SD cards and with various Canon and 3rd party EF lenses with the Canon adapter. Camera was purchased refurbished through Canon 2 weeks ago.

1 REPLY 1

shawnphoto
Enthusiast

I have a similar problem with my Volkswagen. If I try to take the key out before putting it in park, then put it in park and take the key out, I can't put the key back in until I turn the wheel 1.5 rotations to the left and push the key in while holding the wheel over. Only after performing this ritual will the car turn back on. Pretty weird. Interesting to see that Canon has adopted the Volkswagen design philosophy. 

Announcements