cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Mark II Raw Files not written onto card

KNollPhoto
Apprentice

Hello, 

I recently bought a EOS R6 Mark ii. I have only taken a few practice shots, I am shooting in Raw, but the files do not appear to be written to the card. I can view the images when the card is in the camera, but when I open the card on the computer to upload there are no files. 

Similarly, if I put the card into my 5D Mark IV there are no files. The card has been used in my 5D Mark IV and those files are viewable across all platforms. 

I appreciate any help!

K.N.

IMG_3951.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Co-mingling cards between camera bodies is not recommended. Cards should be formatted in the body they will be used in.  Moving them back and forth without formatting is asking for trouble.

R62:

What do you see when you access the card on your PC? Look for the folder DCIM.  Again, however, co-mingling cards between two different camera bodies will result in data loss at some point.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You do know that you have two card slots right? Do you have two cards in the camera? Did you look at the other card?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@KNollPhoto wrote:

Hello, 

I recently bought a EOS R6 Mark ii. I have only taken a few practice shots, I am shooting in Raw, but the files do not appear to be written to the card. I can view the images when the card is in the camera, but when I open the card on the computer to upload there are no files. 

Similarly, if I put the card into my 5D Mark IV there are no files. The card has been used in my 5D Mark IV and those files are viewable across all platforms. 

I appreciate any help!

K.N.

IMG_3951.jpg

It looks like those images are in the 101 folder. Are you looking in the correct folder when you check in the computer?

There is no auxiliary storage in the camera, so when you check the LCD you are reading from the card.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

justadude
Rising Star

Some of Canon's cameras are pickier than others when it comes to formatting cards.  I can easily use the same card back and forth in my 60D and RP without formatting.  When I try to use the same card in the R6 Mark ll that's when I first experienced the same thing you are seeing.  

Format the card in the R6 Mark ll, and that will correct the problem.  Also, if you are only using one card, make sure it is in the #1 slot.

Gary

Digital: Canon R6 Mk ll, R8, RP, 60D, various RF, EF, and Rokinon lenses
Film: (still using) Pentax Spotmatic, Pentax K1000, Pentax K2000, Miranda DR, Zenit 12XP, Kodak Retina Automatic II, Kodak Duaflex III, and various lenses
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements