cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Mark II High Speed drive - doesn't stop taking photos after releasing shutter button.

photopro
Enthusiast

R6 Mark ii High Speed drive ... doesn't stop taking photos after releasing shutter button.  The body was sent back under warranty.  Under close scrutiny the problem still exists.  It appears when using back button focus and modulating or sometimes holding the button down causes the shutter to "stick", for lack of a better word, in High speed.  I also replicated it in low speed continuous.  If you just shoot with the shutter button it doesn't happen. It happens in conjunction with the back button focus button.  It was $100 to insure to UPS it there.   I am not paying that again....  They are getting a call tomorrow AM.

20 REPLIES 20

You don’t seem to think the UHS-I cards are the issue.  They are the problem.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Oh no, i agree with you but for the few times I will use that mode I will probably get a couple UHS 2's for the events that necessitate, otherwise the 1's are fine for most of my work.  BUT I wonder if the issue arises with them too?  I was just showing my wife the issue, and I was able to replicate it every time.  No buffer filling or 50 shots, just one press in the sequence described using Bbf and 8-10 shots roll off.  * button was only maybe 4-5 shots tops, and not at all with the shutter button,  which seems logical as the functions are combined. If needed I will use that setup.  I will try to send a quick video of the issue.  Thanks again! 

Mandiireland
Apprentice

I had exactly the same problem with my R6ii. When I sent it to the service centre they said they shot with it for 4 days and no problem, I can collect the camera. I refused to collect and said there is DEFINATELY a problem, sort it out. I got notified today - they managed to replicate the problem of the shutter button sticking and they will be replacing the motherboard of the camera. Lets see where this goes!!!!!!

@Mandiireland wrote:

I had exactly the same problem with my R6ii. When I sent it to the service centre they said they shot with it for 4 days and no problem, I can collect the camera. I refused to collect and said there is DEFINATELY a problem, sort it out. I got notified today - they managed to replicate the problem of the shutter button sticking and they will be replacing the motherboard of the camera. Lets see where this goes!!!!!!

You should start a new thread for your issue.  It gets confusing when multiple are on the same thread with their own issues.  Thanks, ahead of time.

BTW, make sure you have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth disabled.  These symptoms are consistent with some type of radio frequency interference.

Hope the fix works.  Did you have the problem with back button focus or the shutter button used for focus also?  I can replicate the problem with the bbf button, but not the shutter button of course, and using a secondary focus button did not cause the issue.  In my case replacing the shutter mechanism solved the constant shooting issue, but there is some quirk there with bbf.  Lets see if others have the problem.

BoneID
Apprentice

The same thing happens to me when shooting sports.  I have tried everything suggested here but it still occurs. The only thing I have not tried is using an RF lens, I use my EF lens, some old, some new.  I emailed tech support but they did not have a reason and asked many of the same questions posted here.   

Greetings BoneID,

I'm sorry to hear you are having a similar issue. Similar issues can happen for a range of reasons. To trouble shoot what is happening in your case we would need a little bit more information on what is happening with your camera. If possible, please do try testing an RF lens with the camera to see if this helps identify the root cause of the issue.

@BoneID wrote:

The same thing happens to me when shooting sports.  I have tried everything suggested here but it still occurs. The only thing I have not tried is using an RF lens, I use my EF lens, some old, some new.  I emailed tech support but they did not have a reason and asked many of the same questions posted here.   

It becomes very confusing when multiple members join a thread with their own set of issues.  Please start a new thread for your issue.  This places a description of your issue at the top of the web pages, not buried who knows were within the post somewhere.

Thanks, ahead of time.

Sports_photo321
Apprentice

When I shot in a volleyball game, I got the exactly same problem!  Yes, I used UHS 2 cards, BBF!

@Sports_photo321 wrote:

When I shot in a volleyball game, I got the exactly same problem!  Yes, I used UHS 2 cards, BBF!

Please start a new thread for your issue.  It is confusing trying to help multiple on the same thread.  If you have any third party accessories like mount adapters or battery grips, then remove them and retest the camera.

Announcements