cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R50 vs EOS R10 - Choice of camera for bird photography

parthas
Apprentice

If I have to choose between canon EOS R 50 and Canon EOS R10 for bird photography, which camera should I choose and why so?

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite

It's going to be more about the lens for this particular genre of photography.  However, one large difference between the two is that the EOS R50 doesn't have a fully mechanical shutter.  Electronic shutter-wise, you can capture up to 15 frames per second.  Whereas on the EOS R10, it does have a fully mechanical shutter that can capture up to 15 frames per second.  Or up to 23 frames per second with its electronic shutter.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

For wildlife photography, I prefer the R10 over the R50

Canon R10 vs Canon R50 Detailed Comparison (cameradecision.com)

The cameras are very similar as far as image quality, ISO performance etc.  The R10 is a little larger which will help with balance and larger lenses.  It has a joystick which I prefer.  Also better battery performance.

The R7 is a step up from the R10 and if you have the budget, would be another great option.  

If budget is a main consideration, consider Canon Refurb.  No refurb deals on the R50 currently.

Shop Canon Refurbished EOS R7 Body | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Shop Canon Refurbished EOS R10 Body | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

R10 all the way.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
click here to view the gallery
Announcements