cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 known bugs

JRogers67
Apprentice

Just looking for a place where known bugs are listed. Is there such a thing? I've noticed some peculiar things and don't want to add to the forum noise for something thats already been addresed or even posibly working as intended.

Thanks!

41 REPLIES 41

@Mike_Jackson wrote:

Charly_Canon, Curious, I had only one lock up and I only use the 500L II pretty much exclusively. My lock up occurred when changing with the lens' selector switches how did your occur?

What does that mean?  Does this mean you. were changing lenses with power turned on?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

@Mike_Jackson wrote:

Charly_Canon, Curious, I had only one lock up and I only use the 500L II pretty much exclusively. My lock up occurred when changing with the lens' selector switches, how did your's occur?

What does that mean?  Does this mean you. were changing lenses with power turned on?

It means exactly what I said. I was changing the lens' switches, i.e. focus limiter, IS modes, etc. 

My freeze /lock up/ reboot has occurred when taking photos using various lenses , 300mm f2.8 mkii, 500 f4 mkii ,RF 70-200mm f2.8.

JohnB76
Apprentice
I just had the same thing happen with my EF100-400L. Had to take battery out twice. Shifted to RF70-200 and no issues.

I had similar problems 😠

It still happens on my RF70-200 . This major issue is not lens specific, its a faut with R5

bmaxwell
Apprentice

It looks like there is a bug in FV mode, where if you set values for the Shutter/Aperture/ISO it does not start metering.

If you have any of the Shutter/Aperture/ISO set to Auto, then the meter is Auto and becomes exposure compenstation.  But when you do not have anything set to Auto, it should start metering so you can balance the exposures as if you were in Manual mode.  If FV mode would enable metering, then I would be able to use FV mode full time instead of Manual, as it would switch from manual into AV/TV/etc when one of the values is set to Auto.

It would also be useful if there was a setting such that in FV mode you could use the 3 dials similar as to Manual mode to adjust the Shutter/Aperture/ISO instead of using one dial to select Shutter/Aperture/ISO and then using another to adjust the value.

@bmaxwell wrote:

It looks like there is a bug in FV mode, where if you set values for the Shutter/Aperture/ISO it does not start metering.

If you have any of the Shutter/Aperture/ISO set to Auto, then the meter is Auto and becomes exposure compenstation.  But when you do not have anything set to Auto, it should start metering so you can balance the exposures as if you were in Manual mode.  If FV mode would enable metering, then I would be able to use FV mode full time instead of Manual, as it would switch from manual into AV/TV/etc when one of the values is set to Auto.

It would also be useful if there was a setting such that in FV mode you could use the 3 dials similar as to Manual mode to adjust the Shutter/Aperture/ISO instead of using one dial to select Shutter/Aperture/ISO and then using another to adjust the value.

You issue is not not clear to me.  Are you saying when you half press the shutter that the camera does not begin metering?  Do you have back button focus enabled?  

Have you tried resetting the camera back to factory defaults, including the separate resets needed fo any custom controls and shooting modes?

FF00130D-A172-4996-BD67-60B0EB2099C4.jpeg

Charly_Canon
Contributor
The freeze/ lock up issue appears to point to the main circuit board which needs replaced according to several online friends. Unfortunately the Canon repair centres dont have any spare parts!

@Charly_Canon wrote:
The freeze/ lock up issue appears to point to the main circuit board which needs replaced according to several online friends. Unfortunately the Canon repair centres dont have any spare parts!

What brand and size of memory card(s) are you using?  

What automatic noise reduction settings do you have enabled in the camera?

Do you have downloaded a copy of the full User Guide for the camera?

Announcements