cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 Wi-Fi Issues “Searching for access points” loop

Apertura86
Contributor

I'm an achitectural photographer and visit many residential homes. I've used the 5DsR for the past 5 years with no issues using the Wi-Fi feature. 

This was my second shoot with my new R5. In my clients home I could not get my camera to connect via WiFi to my laptop or smartphone. It was stuck in a loop displaying "Searching for access points" 

I finished the shoot with my now backup camera the 5DsR with WiFi, zero issues.

I find it unreasonable that a brand new professional camera exhibits these type of problems. Canon tech support mentioned router interference, this is also unreasonable to ask my clients to turn off their routers or hunt down some neighbor with an offending connection. Back in my hotel room the camera Wi-Fi started working again. The issue might be connected to my clients home mesh network. Not sure.

Any help or routing this issue to Canon engineering would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jxu158
Apprentice

So I finally get it working all the time.  Here is what I did:

1.  Choose blue tooth to pair the camera with your device.

2.  After it is successfully paired, turn off the camera.  The bluetooth works all the time even when the camera is off.

3.  Start the CameraConnect application. Click the icon next to the "Camera Icon".  If it tells you that  "you are not currently connected to any camera", click the scan button.  It will find your camera, ask you if you want to connect to it.  Once it is connected to the camera you will see "Images on Camera" change from disabled (grey) to enabled.

4.  Once "images on Camera" is enabled, click it.  It will automatically connect to the camera and ask you if you want to join the wireless network that started by the camera.  You click "Yes" and everything works from there.

5.  After the first time setup, as long as you do not change the paired device from the camera, "CameraConnect" will always connect to the camera when it detects the camera.

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

Trottsky
Contributor

For what it's worth, I highly recommend this tutorial on connecting your R5 via FTP which in my experience has been a MUCH more reliable connection.

The tutorial is specifically about connecting it to Shuttersnitch (which is an excellent app, I prefer it to the canon one) but you may be able to adapt it to the software you are using.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ThorWeth,

This thread is nearly 3 yrs old.  For clarity, please start your own thread.  This ensures your issue gets the attention it deserves.  It also allows us to provide start to finish troubleshooting and assistance.  Thanks in advance.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements