cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 Mark II - Adobe Lightroom errors

mdougc
Enthusiast

In processing my photos in Adobe Lightroom Classic, some photos are rejected with the error message, "The file appears to be unsupported or damaged".

The Canon DPP app also rejects the photos, but the message only pops up for 2 seconds, so I can't exactly quote it.

What's happening?

mDougC
Avid Wildlife photographer - EOS R, R5, R5 Mark II, many lenses, LR Classic, Topaz, necessary gadgets
13 REPLIES 13

"If so, Canon is also behind."

Most, not all but most, new model Canon cameras have a updated raw file. They all will need the very latest updates to their software otherwise the raw converters can not do the conversion. Raw files are not directly viewable as they are made and saved. You probably got a d/l link included with your camera to get the latest software.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Adobe will inform you when there is an update to Lightroom.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Yes, I always launch Adobe apps through Creative Cloud, so I can check for updates.

mDougC
Avid Wildlife photographer - EOS R, R5, R5 Mark II, many lenses, LR Classic, Topaz, necessary gadgets

March411
Rising Star

Canon DPP prompted me my software was up to date when I checked help/check for updates. It displayed version  dppw4.18.10 and stated the software was current.

The update function in the software has never really worked properly. If you don't have dpp 4.19.10 then download it and update manually, that's what I had to do to get the software current.

Here's the link again:

https://app.ssw.imaging-saas.canon/app/en/dpp.html

No trees were destroyed in the posting of this message. However, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Marc
Windy City

R3 ~ R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
Adobe and Topaz Suite for post processing
My Online Gallery

Announcements