cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 - How Do I Remove This Grid Pattern?

peterdenio
Apprentice

Canon R5, RF 100-500 lens, F7.1, ISO 200, Shutter 1,000/sec

2023-07-08-0473 -55750-topaz-denoiseraw-sharpen SMALL.jpgI've looked at "View", "Grid" to no avail. Any thoughts? getting this on some but not all from this beach series.

16 REPLIES 16

Since not all photos are showing the issue, then I would lean more with others in suspecting a bad media card or card reader.  i.e. the files somehow became corrupted.

If you have a different card, try using that for a while and see if the issue returns.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do they look on the back of the camera?  Knowing that info would narrow down the problem.

Share an affected raw file.

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

I agree with Peter. You really need to post the Raw or Jpg strait out of camera (SOOC), with no editing. You will have to use a file sharing site like Dropbox, One Drive, etc.

I noticed you used Topaz Labs DeNoise AI and Sharpen AI along with PS and others. Did you per chance use Topaz Mask as well? I ask because there is a bird in the background pattern that isn't effected by that odd background as if the background has been replaced by another image.

Newton

peterdenio
Apprentice

I do not see this pattern through either viewfinder. Thinking now maybe more of a Photoshop issue than camera issue. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

If using a card reader to transfer files from the memory card to your computer, try another card reader and USB cable. You may have corrupted the files during downloading to the computer.

Peter
Authority
Authority

Another Adobe user got the same problem yesterday with R6. Perhaps an update that went wrong? Try DPP4 and see if the problem is still there.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements